Become a Member
When you become a member of the “Friends of Norskedalen” you join a very special group dedicated to the preservation and interpretation of the natural environment and cultural heritage of the coulee region surrounding Coon Valley. Not only do you receive great benefits, but you become a part of something wonderful. Your membership provides steady support that sustains Norskedalen’s efforts to preserve this all-too-swiftly disappearing history and unspoiled natural environment.
As a member in the Friends of Norskedalen you enjoy many benefits such as:
- Free daily admission
- Sunrise to sunset access to the grounds (even when the Visitors’ Center is closed) with your members-only parking pass displayed in your windshield
- Member discounts when making reservations for rentals such as shelter, Paulsen Cabin or meeting rooms
- Free admission to our special events such as Annual Meeting, Midsummer Fest, Threshing Bee and Old Fashioned Christmas
- 10% discount at our gift shop
- Quarterly newsletter filled with information
- Special “Members Only” events
- Member discounts to our Heritage Classes, rentals and more !
- Volunteer Opportunities
Your membership helps support:
- THE LAND: stewardship activities preserving the ecosystem of the Poplar Creek Coulee such as eradication of invasive species, restoration of unique goat prairies, wildlife habitat, protection of watershed, creek and spring features
- THE HISTORY: preservation and interpretive activities to be sure that the stories, lives and artifacts of those who came before us are not lost
- THE HERITAGE: programs, classes and displays that share the Norwegian-American arts, crafts and skills handed down through the generations from the immigrant settlers
- THE EDUCATION: a wide variety of classes for school and other groups, programs and other efforts to share the wonders and knowledge preserved here with all those who come, especially children, so that they can carry it into the future
But the biggest benefit is to know that you are helping to keep this wonderful place thriving for generations to come!
Annual Membership Dues
Families (parents and their children 18 and under OR grandparents with grandchildren 18 and under) $50
Students (k-college) $25
Life Member $1,500 (Payments may be made in quarterly installments)
How to Join
To become a member simply contact Norskedalen for a membership form.