- Art Fair & Wine Tasting |
- Benefit Rummage Sale |
- Candlelight Snowshoe Hike |
- Civil War Immersion Weekend |
- Corn Maze |
- Ghoulees in the Coulees |
- May Membership Madness Open House |
- Midsummer Fest |
- Norskedalen Spring Luncheon |
- Norskedalen Volunteer Appreciation Picnic |
- Old-Fashioned Christmas in December |
- Threshing Bee |
- Twilight Tour |
- Uff Da Open
Join us for the 32nd Annual Midsummer Festival 2015
Saturday June 20th 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.; and Sunday, June 21st 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
God dag! Join us for the 32nd annual Midsummer Fest. Midsummer is the second most important yearly celebration in Norway, after 17 May. It is a happy day that marks the full return of the light. It is also a sad day because the next day we begin the descent into darkness.
Rain or shine there is fun for the entire family at Midsummer Fest. Norskedalen is bustling with activity throughout the weekend. Read on for what all we have planned for you this year!
- Pancake Breakfast! Saturday Morning come early and enjoy a yummy pancake breakfast complete with sausage from 9AM to 11AM. ($6 for adults and $3 for children).
- Pioneer demonstrations! Lefse baking, butter churning, donut making, spinning, broom making, blacksmithing, ropemaking, embroidery, and more!
- Food! Delicious Scandinavian and American food available includes Troll Rolls (lefse wraps), hotdogs/chili dogs, strawberry shortcake, rømmegrøt (cream pudding) and much more!
- Woodcarving! The 20th annual Lloyd Thrune Woodcarving Show, competition, and sale.Demonstrations by the Coulee Region Woodcarvers Club and ribbons will be awarded. Carvers will also have their creations for sale.
- Fun for Kids! Children's activities will include nature hikes, kid's crafts, a visit from the trolls by the bridge, bean bag toss, scavenger hunt, and pioneer demonstrations
- Animals!The Fjord Horses, alpacas, and horse-drawn wagon rides!
- Music! Entertainment throughout both days by the Norskedalen Trio, the Sons of Norway Wergeland dancers, The Rochester Area Accordian Band, Buddy & Gary Band, and the Truth & Spirit Band!
- Medallion Hunt! Can YOU find the hidden medallion? $25 price to the first person to get it!
- Packers Raffle! Get your tickets here for the Green Bay Packers Raffle - the top prize is a Packers football signed by the entire team!
THANK YOU To our 2015 Midsummer Fest Sponsors and Donors!
Kurt & Renee Knutson
Signe G. Schroeder & Family
Check out the event brochure for this year's complete list of Sponsors and Donors. We encourage you to visit the local businesses listed who are invested in our community!
Midsummer Logo designed by Evelyn Larson
Wergeland Dancer photo by John Zoerb