- Art Fair & Wine Tasting |
- Benefit Rummage Sale |
- Candlelight Snowshoe Hike |
- Civil War Immersion Weekend |
- Corn Maze |
- Ghoulees in the Coulees |
- May Membership Madness Open House |
- Midsummer Fest |
- Norskedalen Award & Fundraising Celebration |
- Norskedalen Volunteer Appreciation Picnic |
- Old-Fashioned Christmas in December |
- Threshing Bee |
- Twilight Tour |
- Uff Da Open
Join us for the 32nd Annual Midsummer Festival 2015
Saturday June 20th 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.; and Sunday, June 21st 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
God dag! Join us for the 32nd annual Midsummer Fest. Midsummer is the second most important yearly celebration in Norway, after 17 May. It is a happy day that marks the full return of the light. It is also a sad day because the next day we begin the descent into darkness.
Rain or shine there is fun for the entire family at Midsummer Fest. Norskedalen is bustling with activity throughout the weekend. Read on for what all we have planned for you this year!
- Pancake Breakfast! Saturday Morning come early and enjoy a yummy pancake breakfast complete with sausage from 9AM to 11AM. (prices TBA, but affordable).
- Coloring Contest ! Norskedalen will hold a coloring contest of Norskedalen's Nisse Sven in conjunction with this year's fest. More information to come...
- Baking demonstrations! Lefse baking, butter churning, flatbread, donuts, stroll, krumkake, and waffles. And delicious hand-cranked ice cream.
- Food! Delicious a la carte food available all day includes Troll Rolls (lefse wraps), strawberry shortcake, ice cream, rømmegrøt (cream pudding) and more!
- Woodcarving! The 18th annual Lloyd Thrune Woodcarving Show, competition, and sale. Enter your creation by category: caricature, birds, figure, acanthus, chip or novice. Demonstrations by the Coulee Region Woodcarvers Club and ribbons will be awarded. Carvers will also have their creations for sale.
- Heritage Crafters! Watch heritage craft demonstrations such as: soapmaking, blacksmithing, carding, spinning, rope making, broom making, and shake making, rosemalers and hardanger embroidery. Monroe Johnson will be acanthus carving, Clinton and Beverly Bagstad will be baking flatbread, and more !
- Fun for Kids! Children's activities will include nature hikes, kid's crafts, a visit from the trolls by the bridge, bean bag toss, scavenger hunt, kickball and other old-time games.
- Animals!The Fjord Horses and other barnyard friends
- Music! Entertainment throughout both days by the Norskedalen Trio, the Three Norskies, the Sons of Norway Wergeland dancers, and many othersl The Simple Rogues will be playing on Saturday, June 22nd with sets at 1 and 3 pm.
- MIDSUMMER FEST COLORING CONTEST - ENTRIES DUE JUNE 6, 2014.
Midsummer Logo designed by Evelyn Larson
Wergeland Dancer photo by John Zoerb