- 🎃 Make GhouleesintheCoulees Reservations 🎃 |
- Art Fair & Wine Tasting |
- Benefit Rummage Sale |
- Candlelight Snowshoe Hike |
- Civil War Immersion Weekend |
- Ghoulees in the Coulees |
- May Membership Madness Open House |
- Midsummer Fest |
- Norskedalen Spring Luncheon |
- Norskedalen Volunteer Appreciation Picnic |
- Old-Fashioned Christmas in December |
- Threshing Bee |
- Twilight Tour & Farm To Table Dinner |
- Uff Da Open
Threshing Bee 2016
Saturday, August 20th
10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Celebrate an old-time Threshing Bee in an authentic pioneer setting complete with a wide variety of demonstrations and our mouth-watering, rib-sticking threshing dinner.
Throughout the grounds you can come see how farming chores were done in the past including: threshing oats, blacksmithing, butter churning, and cutting lumber with a portable sawmill. There will be pioneer craft demonstrations, wagon rides, kids scavenger hunt, antique engines, farm machinery and more. There will also be a bake sale featuring homemade lefse, donuts, bread and more!
Don't forget to call Norskedalen at 608.452.3424 and make reservations for a delicious threshing dinner featuring slow cooked roast beef, boiled red potatoes, rutabagas, squash, carrots, corn, tomatoes, bread, milk or coffee, and pie: 2015 Rate: Adults $12; kids (age 4 - 11), $6. You'll hear the meal bell ring calling in the hardworking crew at noon to start the dinner. Workers first ! Meal Reservations are due by August 12th
Regular Admission rates apply. Welcome to Norskedalen!
THANK YOU 2015
Threshing Bee Sponsors:
Dan & Sue Steele
Photo credit: John Zoerb - filling oat bag;