- Art Fair & Chocolate Soiree |
- Benefit Rummage Sale |
- Civil War Immersion Weekend |
- Corn Maze |
- Ghoulees in the Coulees |
- May Membership Madness |
- Midsummer Fest |
- Norskedalen Award & Fundraising Celebration |
- Norskedalen Volunteer Appreciation Picnic |
- Old-Fashioned Christmas in December |
- Threshing Bee in September |
- Twilight Tour |
- Uff Da Open
Old-Fashioned Christmas in December
Norskedalen's 29th Annual Old-Fashioned Christmas
Saturday and Sunday,
December 7 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
and December 8th 11 am - 3 pm.
Bring friends and family to enjoy a memorable start to your holiday celebrations with the timeless sounds, smells and traditions of an Old-Fashioned Christmas.
- Slow down and enjoy horse-drawn wagon rides around the quaintly decorated grounds, cabins and Bekkum Homestead
- Hum along with area musicians as they share Christmas carols and other musical entertainment throughout the day
- Make and take holiday decorations and activities for the whole family, including a scavenger hunt, and Santa Claus 12 - 2 pm. Also you can get your Christmas tree here- $25 for a fir !
- Buy delicious home-made baked goods at the lefse, donuts, and other goods at the bake sale.
- Follow your nose to our delicious a-la-carte buffet of foods with everything from Norwegian meatballs or lefse to rommegrot (cream pudding) to tables filled with holiday baked goodies.
- Talk with our special visitor from the North Pole and take your photo with Santa in our old fashioned sleigh, 12 - 2 pm.
- Take care of some Christmas shopping with gifts that you won't find anywhere else but in our gift shop -including special Norskedalen merchandise. The new Norskedalen t-shirts and sweatshirts are in and make a great gift !
- Demonstrations will include spinning, wood stove cookery, and kids' crafts in the Engum House.
- There's more! Take part in the kids' scavenger hunt and get a prize with all the clues. If you like a good hunt, come join us !