God dag! Join us for the 35nd annual Midsummer Fest. Midsummer is the second most important yearly celebration in Norway, after 17 May. It is a happy day that marks the full return of the light. It is also a sad day because the next day we begin the descent into darkness.
Rain or shine there is fun for the entire family at Midsummer Fest. Norskedalen is bustling with activity throughout the weekend. Read on for what all we have planned for you this year:
- Pioneer demonstrations: Lefse baking, spinning, blacksmithing, embroidery, and more;
- Food: Delicious Scandinavian and American food available includes Troll Rolls (lefse wraps), Polse in Lumpe, strawberry shortcake, rømmegrøt;
- Woodturning: The Coulee Region Woodturners will be in the Homestead;
- Fun for Kids: Special activities for kids and families;
- Animals: The Fjord Horses and horse-drawn wagon rides;
- Music: Live entertainment throughout the day.
- Scavenger Hunt: Do one, do them both as a family or on your own!
Saturday June 22th 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Admission for Midsummer Fest is $5/person, $15/family of 4, $20/carload, $25/van. Admission for Friends of Norskedalen are complimentary.
Sponsors & Donors
Thank you to our Midsummer Fest Sponsors and Donors! For a complete listing of this year’s donors and photos of the event, please see the August/September issue of our newsletter.