Thanks to our staff, both paid and volunteer, Norskedalen is able to offer an incredible range of programming, guided tours, demonstrations, events and classes which further our mission of preservation, interpretation and education in the areas of the natural environment and cultural heritage of this region. This staff of employees and volunteers also works year-round to keep the buildings, artifacts, displays and grounds well maintained and beautiful.
Current Employment Opportunities:
Guest Relations Manager
An hourly, part-time year-round position with primary responsibility for creating positive guest experiences while providing support to Executive Director, Coordinators and Volunteers.
- Post-secondary degree and/or equivalent experience in subjects appropriate to Norskedalen.
- Oral communication skills, including public speaking, small group presentations and engagement with groups of varying sizes, nationalities, ages and knowledge/skill levels.
- Skills to plan, implement and evaluate events and programs. This includes recruiting and/or training volunteers to participate in a wide-variety of activities.
- Proficiency with tools necessary for program implementation; this includes current technology and database use, Microsoft Office programs, and others as deemed appropriate.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and individually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reception (50%): Welcome all visitors to Norskedalen’s Visitors’ Center.
- Assist walk-in guests in discovering what is available at Norskedalen and work with them to choose that day’s adventures.
- Welcome group leaders, whether tour groups, school groups, or other groups, and assist them in implementing their plans.
- Insure brochures, maps and other materials are in supply at all times.
- Be well-versed in up-coming events and programs to answer questions for guests both in person and on the phone.
- Support (50%): Provide support to Executive Director, Coordinators and volunteers.
- Support Executive Director with details as directed. This will include a variety of things such as updating e-newsletter databases, compiling thank you letters, etc.
- Work with Heritage and Nature Coordinators in planning each scheduled education day, tour groups and special event, assisting with details as needed. This includes assistance in arranging for volunteers, both in scheduling and training as necessary.
For More Information or a complete job description, please contact Norskedalen at 608.452.3424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Norskedalen offers a wide variety of internship opportunities year-round. We work with students to find the best fit between your internship requirements, our needs, and the type of project or skill you’d most like to develop. If you are looking for a great site to do an internship, please contact us!
For More Information please contact Norskedalen at 608.452.3424 or email email@example.com